Built-in options are at your fingertips to access Web pages, download e-mails or retrieve files from your network.
Enjoy the convenience of wireless accessories and connectivity to keyboards.
Printers, embossers, hard drives, flash drives and more, it’s a snap to connect to one of the three available USB ports.
Keep an updated list of personal contacts and appointments by synchronizing information with your PC.
Use your BrailleNote’s keyboard to navigate with your computer screen reader using the Braille Terminal Mode.
Please contact us at 703-698-8282 or contact us at
email@example.com if you have any questions about this product.
Take your success further.
HumanWare has been helping people who are blind maximize their digital communications since 2000, when the innovative BrailleNote was first introduced. The BrailleNote family has continually evolved to address the needs of students, professionals and consumers. Today, advanced productivity as well as reading in total comfort are at the heart of all our note taking products.
The new BrailleNote Apex puts success at your fingertips. Whether you are a busy professional or a hardworking student, today’s connected, digital world is all yours with the sleek and powerful BrailleNote Apex.
Starting with BrailleNote’s acclaimed design, exceptional ergonomics and outstanding reading and writing experience, our designers set out to meet your needs at work, school or home by taking the technology further than ever before:
- The thinnest and lightest Braille notetaker anywhere
- Powerful KeySoft applications for dynamic real-time communications
- NEW Windows CE 6 operating system
- Extensive connectivity
- Enhanced support for large documents and media files
- Plug and play visual display
- Convenient user-replaceable battery
- Integrated real-time clock maintains time and date for 30 days without battery power
Connectivity with global reach
The BrailleNote Apex assures that you stay connected wherever you go:
- Built-in options are at your fingertips to access Web pages, download e-mails or retrieve files from your wireless or Ethernet network.
- Enjoy the convenience of wireless accessories and connectivity to keyboards, a wireless earphone or your mobile phone using the improved Bluetooth manager.
- Printers, embossers, hard drives, flash drives and more, it’s a snap to connect to one of the three available USB ports.
- Keep an updated list of personal contacts and appointments by synchronizing information with your PC.
- Use your BrailleNote’s keyboard to input Braille or navigate with your computer screen reader using the Braille Terminal Mode.
The BrailleNote Apex is designed for maximum comfort during extended reading and writing tasks.
- Comfortable full-size Braille keyboard makes all your notetaking quick and easy.
- Signature thumb keys make extensive reading a real pleasure with effortless
- navigation by line, sentence or paragraph.
- Newly designed scroll wheel allows for effortless navigation in menus, documents and e-mail lists.
More memory and storage options
The BrailleNote Apex puts more power in your hands with 8GB of internal memory and various portable storage options, including support for high-capacity SDHC cards.
The BrailleNote Apex offers outstanding stereo sound capabilities for playing back recordings, listening to audio books, interviews, news, your favorite music or any of the thousands of Internet radio programs.
- The acclaimed KeySoft Suite of applications is both user-friendly and efficient.
- Easy-to-use menu system enables users to quickly review applications and settings.
- An extensive set of shortcut commands allows users to instantly access any desired feature.
- Context-sensitive “help” is always available when you need to remember a command. One-key touch accesses the Main Menu and Online Help.
Word Processor: Translate between any grade of Braille and text formats including Microsoft Word, then print or emboss any document or attach it to an e-mail.
Book Reader: Read books from Bookshare, RFB&D, Audible and numerous other sources. Read Braille or text formats in your preferred grade of Braille. Enjoy listening to audio books and take advantage of the powerful DAISY navigation features.
Web Browser and E-Mail: Surf the Web – do online research, shopping and banking. Send and receive e-mails, and stay connected via your preferred network connection.
Voice Memos: Record lectures, class notes and memos, then instantly play them back from anywhere in KeySoft with a single key press.
Media Player: Listen in stereo to MP3, WAV and Windows Media files and a number of other formats. Create playlists, enjoy Internet radio or music while reading, e-mailing or surfing the web.
Streaming Audio: Enjoy listening to Internet radio programs that use MP3 or Windows Media formats.
Keychat: Communicate in real time with colleagues, friends and family using state-ofthe- art instant messaging (IM) services.
The revolution is at hand
With the innovative line of BrailleNote products, HumanWare has changed the way people who are blind connect, work and interact. Thinner and lighter, enabling its users to stay ahead of the fast-paced world around them, the BrailleNote Apex truly delivers power to the people.
Microsoft Windows CE 6 operating system
8GB of non-volatile user storage
One SD card socket supporting SDHC cards
Built-in Ethernet port (10/100Mbps)
Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g protocol
Built-In Bluetooth 2.1
One high-speed USB 2.0 client port for Active Sync and Braille Terminal Mode
3 high speed USB 2.0 host ports
Optional USB voice modem
Optional GPS receiver via Bluetooth
18 cell refreshable Braille display
Computer-style keyboard (QT model)
Speech output with choice of TTS
GPS receiver via Bluetooth
Internal Omni Directional Microphone
Rechargeable and user-replaceable lithium-ion battery
Real Time Clock with 30-day battery backup
External speaker / headphone and microphone jacks
Weight: 734 g (1.6 lbs)
Dimensions: 19 mm (0.78 in) H x 244 mm (9.61 in) W x 143 mm(5.63 in) D
Processor: Freescale iMX31
- Connect via Bluetooth to popular mainstream idevices (iPads, iPod Touch, iPhones)
- Apex and Brailliant support full keyboard emulation with braille input
- Access to variety of educational and content rich applications and resources
- Allows integrating both specialized technology tools and popular mainstream devices used by other sighted students
- Braille input improves accuracy and efficiency over touch screen gestures
- Improves participation and inclusion in mainstream classroom activities